In our first webinar, our team went all out to give you a comprehensive understanding of what makes Lumaprints special. We dug deep into our company history, exploring how our canvas printing, ordering process, and shipment methods set us apart from the competition.
If you like reading more than watching, we’ve got you. Read on for all the instructions. You can also jump to any topic you want from the list below.
Our story begins back in 2010 when our CEO, Kenneth, and his brother Yong first set up the company in his brother’s second bedroom. Today, Lumaprints proudly boasts two locations; Anaheim, California, and Louisville, Kentucky. With these two bases, we’ve been able to reach even more people and spread quality wall décor prints far and wide. Behind the scenes, we’re a tight-knit family of 100 awesome employees who work tirelessly to bring you the highest quality wall décor products, together with 25 printers, specializing in canvas, paper, and metal prints.
At Lumaprints, we’ve got two types of canvas prints for you to choose from: heavyweight canvas and polyester canvas.
- Our heavyweight canvas is a bit pricier, but it’s worth every penny. It has a premium feel and is built to last. The colors stay vibrant and are archival quality that can last for over a hundred years if kept indoors.
- If you’re looking for a more affordable option, our polyester canvas is a great choice. Don’t underestimate it though! It still offers fantastic color coverage and maintains archival quality, also lasting for over 100 years if displayed inside the home.
We print using genuine Epson inks, ensuring that every shade and tone truly pops with life.
After printing, we meticulously stretch the canvas onto solid wood stretcher bars which prevents any bowing or warping over time.
- The stretcher bars are available in three sizes; 0.75-inch, 1.25-inch, and 1.5-inch
But it’s not just about preventing bowing. We take extra care to align the edges and prevent any color spilling. Each canvas is stretched like a drum, and we reinforce it until it produces that satisfying drum-like sound when tapped. For prints with solid borders that require precise alignment, we even use hand stretching which allows us to achieve the utmost precision and create a seamless look.
Lumaprints also offers framed canvases in the following sizes:
- 0.75-inch floating frames in silver, gold, white, and black
- 1.25-inch framed canvas in black, walnut (which is not officially released yet), and natural oak
- 1.5-inch floating frames in black, white, silver, and gold.
For framed canvases, our talented team cuts and assembles frames in-house, and can be made to any size.
We add cross braces to frames larger than 42 inches or 43 inches to keep them sturdy and prevent any warping. We, then, attach the canvas to the wood frames using Z clips that are screwed into the frame and stretcher camps.
- Once you place an order with us, our customer service team carefully prepares the print files and ensures that the image quality is top-notch. We want your prints to look stunning, so we pay attention to every detail.
- To achieve optimal results, it’s best to have your images prepared at 200 DPI (dots per inch). This ensures clarity and sharpness in the final print. We also recommend using an Adobe RGB color profile to preserve the richness and accuracy of the colors. And for file format, JPEG is the way to go.
- After the image is ready, the printing process begins.
- We want to make sure your orders are handled with care from start to finish. We wrap each canvas carefully in a secure plastic bag, shielding them from any unexpected incidents during transportation. For our framed canvases, we go the extra mile by adding durable cardboard and foam corners, offering them additional protection to withstand any bumps or jostles along the way.
- To ensure efficiency, we choose the closest facility to your shipment based on our production capacity. This way, we can guarantee that your prints will be promptly delivered from the facility that’s nearest to you.
- Our standard production time for canvas prints is three business days, ensuring we give each piece the attention and care it deserves. However, we also offer expedited production options for your prints that need immediate attention. Whether you need your order by the next day or even the same day, we’ve got you covered.
- We offer a personalized touch through our white labeling option. You have the freedom to add your own branding to the products, making them uniquely yours. Simply upload your logo, and we’ll make sure it’s printed on both the shipping label and the back of the canvas.
- Also, we offer the option to include printouts with your own branding or special messages when you checkout. This way, you can truly customize your products and make them stand out with a touch of your own personal flair. You also have the option to set custom notes in your store settings, serving as default thank-you notes, that will be printed and automatically included in your orders.
- Say goodbye to tedious manual order entry! You won’t need to spend precious time manually entering new product configurations anymore. Even better, subsequent orders with the same configurations will be automatically processed and fulfilled. Our app syncs orders seamlessly from your store into your Lumaprints account, making the process of managing your store a breeze.
- Our company system is designed to integrate smoothly with popular platforms like Etsy, Direct Scene, and Shipstation. This means you can easily connect your various stores or platforms to Lumaprints, creating a unified experience for managing your orders. Our dedicated team is hard at work developing integrations for other platforms too, expanding our reach and making it even easier for you to streamline your operations.
- Shipping costs are relative to the sales price, and we work closely with carriers like FedEx to negotiate the best rates possible. It’s important to note that shipping costs tend to increase as the size dimensions get larger. Carriers typically charge incrementally more for shipping larger sizes. To help customers, businesses may absorb larger orders’ shipping costs into the price.
- When it comes to shipping costs for automated fulfillment on Etsy, we’ve got you covered with a couple of recommended approaches. One option is to include the shipping costs in the price of the prints, giving your customers free shipping. Another approach is to offer a flat rate shipping fee, such as $5.99, ensuring a consistent and transparent pricing structure.
- International shipping can be complex and presents unique challenges. Due to customs and delivery complexities, businesses, including us, may offer limited international shipping options.
- If you’re ordering security hardware, feel free to include a note with your order.
We install sawtooth hanging wires at the back of the canvas, using little dots and d-rings. The d-rings are strategically placed one-third of the way down the canvas, ensuring perfect balance when it’s time to hang your canvas. The length of the wire may vary.
- If you prefer mounting for gallery displays, you can make a special request, though the availability of metal prints with d-rings and wire mounting as a standard offering needs to be confirmed.
- When it comes to cleaning, it’s best to steer clear of caustic soaps or abrasives as they can harm the canvas. Instead, reach for a wet towel or a trusty feather duster. With a gentle touch, you can wipe away any dirt or dust that may have found its way onto your precious prints.
- Since canvas and stretcher bars are made of organic materials, they can sometimes expand or contract based on the conditions. But don’t worry, we’ve got a handy trick to tighten up the polycotton canvas. Simply spray or dampen the back of the canvas, and let it dry naturally. As it dries, it will shrink and tighten up beautifully.
A nifty tip: If you’re in a hurry, you can use a blow dryer on the wet canvas to speed up the shrinking process.
- We offer drop shipping with custom branding included.
- Freight options are available for larger shipments and prints that are too large for UPS or FedEx. The maximum size for UPS or FedEx shipping is 45 by 60, with larger prints requiring freight shipping.
- Any other special requests can be included in the comments or emailed separately.
Watch the full webinar on YouTube through this link: https://youtu.be/haPJB76tQdY
More webinars are available to watch on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@lumaprints